The Goals of the Viswash are to ensure sustainable water management that benefits the environment and all people of Bihar, with particular attention to gender & Socio economic considerations, through:
- Improving the quantity, quality and accessibility of water, sanitation and hygiene services to promote better health & improved quality of life of people in Bihar.
- Advancing integrated water resources management to conserve and restore watersheds, to curb pollution, to adapt to climate change, and to reduce risk from floods and droughts.
- To work for restoration of the dignity of river Gages by lobbying against the practices that pollutes the river.
- Increasing efficiency and productivity of water use to boost agricultural and industrial output and conserve water.
- Improving governance for economic, environmental and social sustainability through stronger public and private institutions, policies and processes.